MISSION AND ORGANIZATION
HISTORIC DOWNTOWN LONG GROVE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (The HDLGBA, “Long Grove Business Association”). Long Grove Business Association is a 501 (c) 3 Not-For-Profit public charity, whose broad mission is to:
- Preserve Long Grove’s historic character,
- Host memorable experiences for guests and residents,
- Create an environment where business can thrive.
This organization serves as the leader in commercial activities within the Village of Long Grove, Illinois. The mission is centered around the businesses and properties in the Historic Business District, but also involves businesses, community groups and attractions throughout the area who share our customer base.
The HDLGBA is a hybrid structure, serving many functions; a Chamber of Commerce, a Tourism Bureau, a Main Street organization, an Economic Development Commission, a public relations firm and more. We are members of the National Trust For Historic Preservation’s National Main Street Center, and structured with the Main Street Four Point Approach™ (expanded to Five) in mind.
Understanding that a vital business district must be working constantly in multiple project areas, we delegate our efforts to:
- Design – Improving the historic built environment, aesthetics, open spaces, customer amenities
- Economic Development – Helping businesses become more profitable and attracting new partners
- Marketing – Spreading our image as a high-quality shopping, dining, and leisure attraction
- Organization – Keeping our efforts managed, supported, staffed, funded, inclusive, and progressive
- Promotions – Hosting activities that entice visitors from near and far, to enjoy our community
A volunteer Board of Directors consisting of business and property owners, and residents oversees committee projects and manages a yearly budget. A Special Service Area (SSA) tax is assessed on property in the downtown district. This stable base helps to cover the daily operations, staffing, organizational needs, office overhead, contract obligations, communications, and member services.
The balance of funding is earned annually from outside Associate Memberships, sponsorships, donations, cooperative advertising revenues, and participant fees at our festivals and events. These revenues support continued event programming, marketing strategies, and other committee efforts within a yearly work plan.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
HISTORIC DOWNTOWN LONG GROVE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION Executive Committee:
- Ryan Messner, Chair
- Marian Ward, Vice Chair
- John Kopecky, Secretary
- Marsha Forsythe, Treasurer
HISTORIC DOWNTOWN LONG GROVE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION Board Members at Large:
- David Gayton
- Matt Potempa
- Paul Neumann
- Pamela Sintetas
Corporate Partnership Information, Click Here